Women At Risk, International (WAR, Int’l) is a U.S.-based, non-profit organization. We currently work in over 31 countries creating havens of safety and healing for at-risk women and children. Our purpose and passion is to give voice to the silenced cries of the oppressed, wrap arms of love around them, and whisper messages of purpose and dignity into their brokenness.Becky Mcdonald came to speak with us and tell her story and how WAR International came to be. She spoke of many things happening to women which I had no idea were happening even in our own state. She has a program to teach people to be civilian first responders:
You are probably thinking, “How do I stop this? I don’t even know what human trafficking is, let alone what it looks like!” That is why WAR, Int’l wants to invite you to our CFR conference. Come and learn the 15 flashpoints and 18 signs of trafficking. Discover helpful tips, action plans, and ways to protect the innocent. This highly-sought-after event transports the U.S. government, Home Land Security, police officers, human trafficking survivors, and the president of WAR, Int’l right into your hometown.
Other things you can do:
Host a Women At Risk Jewelry Party:
Buy directly from their website
Have a Pajama Party where girls can buy beautiful silk pants made by rescued Indian women
Pray for them...their prayer calendar
Look for events near you
Get Involved
Here's my lovely necklace I bought.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.